Re: disappearing koffice

On Sunday 04 September 2005 05:55 pm, Patrick Healy wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I wanted to upgrade my kde from the 3.3 that I had been using to 3.4.  I
> did a 'apt-get dist-upgrade' thinking that this would do the job
> completely.  It did for the most part except now all of the koffice
> applications are gone.  Could anybody explain what I need to do to get
> them back.  Nothing I've tried in 'aptitude' makes any difference.  I
> get messages such as the following if I try to install kspread on its
> own:

How badly do you need koffice in the next week?  It has not yet been rebuilt
against kde 3.4.2, but I expect that to happen sometime during this coming
week.  So, as far as I can tell, these are your options:

If you need koffice now:
1) Build it yourself:
  apt-get source koffice
  apt-get build-dep koffice
  cd koffice-VERSION
  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
*Note: I'm not certain this will work, as some build-deps may need to be
changed.
2) Downgrade kde to the version in testing.  This *might* be possible by
setting /etc/apt/preferences to pin testing at 1001, and the apt-get
install kde.  But, I'm not sure.

If you can wait a few days to a week, I would recommend you just wait
instead.

Josh