Re: keeping passwords

Freddie Cash wrote:

> On August 31, 2005 09:05 am, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Freddie Cash wrote:

>> > kdesu does so have a man page. See attached.
>> (a) gmane doesn't appear to pass attachments.
>
> Hrm, that sucks.
>
>> (b) No it doesn't.  KDE may provide one, but it isn't part of the
>> Ubuntu package (and so I'm betting Debian, too) which contains kdesu
>> (kdebase-bin).
>
> Yes, it does have a man page.  It's installed
> as /usr/share/man/man1/kdesu.1.gz on my Debian 3.1 system running KDE
> 3.4.1.  If your Ubuntu system doesn't have it, then that's an Ubuntu
> packaging issue, not a kdesu issue.

Well, that's a first, but it's no doubt related to the fact that Ubuntu's
kdesu is based on sudo not su.  Which makes my whole suggestion moot :-(

> There's also a KDE help centre file for it, which can be accessed via
> the Help Center, or help:/kdesu in Konqueror.

That was the only remotely useful thing in the man page - which I think
answers my question about how to read a .docbook file :-)  - unfortunately,
the Ubuntu guys haven't bothered to update that either, so it isn't useful.

Thanks anyway.
--
derek