Re: half duplex

ehm, thank you all very much, I will try to connect my laptop directly with the modem and see if there is any difference.

Does half duplex make the network traffic slower?

Dietz Proepper wrote:

larinia:
I saw the half duplex message in the /var/log/syslog. I am not sure if
the cat-5 cable is the network cable(Sorry, I am a newbie), if it is,

It is.

then it is connecting to a hub, which is then connect to a wireless
bridge.

That's the point. A hub can only give you a half duplex connection as opposed to a switch. For an explanation see [1]. But it should not matter in your setup cause the wireless bridge will be the bottleneck anyway.

[1] i.e. http://www.duxcw.com/faq/network/hubsw.htm