Re: half duplex

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:51:23AM +0100, larinia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw the half duplex message in the /var/log/syslog. I am not sure if
> the cat-5 cable is the network cable(Sorry, I am a newbie), if it is,
> then it is connecting to a hub, which is then connect to a wireless bridge.

Run "mii-tool -v" and see what it says.  It doesn't work on all network
adaptors, I'm especially unsure about the embedded type you get in
laptops.

But if it works, the "link partner" line will tell you whether the
hub can do full-duplex, and if you paste the output here we can see if
there's anything wrong.

Please either keep debian-kde in or CC me directly, thank you
Nick