Repairing a broken KDE on Debian Unstable

<< This email is for the convenience of those who tried to find the
info, but couldn't. >>

<< Thanks to David Martinez Moreno and Adeodato Simó. >>

When, like me, you're on Debian Unstable and you accidentally removed
your KDE desktop when doing an upgrade with apt or dselect you will find
that it's impossible to re-install it because of broken packages.

The solution is simple: You must use the kdelibs that's available in
Debian Stable.

This is the procedure to follow that worked for me:
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change unstable to stable on all lines

Run
apt-get update
apt-get install kdelibs

This will install kdelibs 3.3.2-6.1

Now edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change stable back to unstable
Enter dselect
Run Update
Go to Select
Find the kde package and select it for installation.

Search for entries starting with kdelibs and type = on all of them (3,
by memory)
This will hold the package in its current state and will not update to
the next version.

Leave the Select stage and go to Install. Kde should now be displayed as
'to be installed'.

Regards,
Steven.