DVD Authoring

Hi there, I'm currently using Debian 3.1 and just was wondering if ANYONE was sucessful in making video DVDs with it. I use K3B for backup of my data onto DVD but not for making video DVDs. I have a bunch of home movies I want to put into a menu selection and send to my parents in Ohio. I tried the Video DVD selection on k3b but it gives me an error stating about size, it only puts 700 or so mb availible while the DVD's are 4.7gb.

Thanks