Re: utf8 in konqueror

On Thu 21 July 2005 10:31, Bas Spitters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I make konqueror display utf8-fonts correctly?
> The following file works well in firefox, but not in Konqueror.
> http://www.cs.ru.nl/~spitters/almostper.html
> Look for the empty boxes.

If you have Debian you can install the ttf-freefont package and use the
Free Sans font or the ttf-junicode or ttf-gentium packages (the latter
two are Serif fonts that may not look as good for onscreen use).

If you have access to a Windows XP box you may be able to copy the Arial
Unicode MS fonts over to your Linux box and install them with a font
installer.

I would tend to use the Free Sans font but it isn't complete enough like
the others mentioned here (though it will display the above page
without a problem). It's too bad the Arial Unicode MS font isn't
available from outside Windows since it is one of the most complete and
reasonable looking fonts around.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario