Re: SIGSEGV when starting kmail

* Thomas Brinker [Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:59:17 +0200]:

> Hello!

> Today I updated my unstable debian to the least recent packet versions,
> as I do every week. Everything looks fine. All KDE Apps in my interest
> run except kmail. It right away crashes with a SIGSEGV. As far as I can
> see it just loads the librarys and the crashes, replacing the configs
> and the ~/Mail dir didn't help. Same to uninstall/install the packet
> 'kmail' and 'kdepim'.

> What can I do to get it running once again?

  Just revert kdelibs to 3.3.2-6.1. I'm terribly sorry for having
  3.3.2-7 give so much trouble, but it's probably not worth
  investigating since we'll begin with the c++ abi transition soon.

  Please spread the word: don't install kdelibs 3.3.2-7, stay at
  3.3.2-6.1, and don't dist-upgrade KDE until next notice (since we'll
  be doing the C++ ABI transition with the KDE 3.4 one and things _will_
  break).

  Thanks & apologies,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.