Re: menu item "Start New Session"

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 04:10 pm, Amarok wrote:
> Ryan Schultz wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 June 2005 01:40 pm, Amarok wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I use to have the item "Start New Session" on KDE and now it's gone
> >> sinse I upgraded to 3.4.1
> >> I can see that there is some things changed on this new kde, and now I
> >> can't start new sessions on other screen.
> >>
> >> How can I put the menu item back ?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > I have it on my KMenu, its under Switch User near the bottom. I think
> > that it relies on KDM being your login manager, as well.
>
> Hi... thanks for replying. I hope this post get's to the right location.
> I'm not confortable replying using mail instead of a news client. Tryed
> many times send posts to this newsgroup without see then reach destination.
>
> Ok.
> My login manager is KDM, i've configure it to use 2 X session, the 1º in
> tty7 and the 2º in tty8, but the second session never starts at bootup, I
> use to start it when I want to explore other desktop managers like fluxbox
> or so... but not want to close kde session. ;)
>
> The new menu item (switch user) doesn't let me begin new sessions, just let
> me swith users allready logged...
>
> Is the "start new session" function really gone? or is it because 3.4.1 is
> not fully finished? Wow do we start new X sessions now ?
>
> Thanks a lot guys
> Amarok

Oops, didn't see your response. Start New Session isn't gone by any means;
like I said, I still have it, using KDE 3.4.1 (now from experimental) -- it
must be something with your configuration. Have you tried 'apt-get remove
--purge kdm && apt-get install kdm'? Then login through the default KDM
configuration and check the Switch User menu on the KMenu for the Start New
Session option.

--
Ryan Schultz
-> floating point exception: divide by cucumber