Re: KDE and IPv6

On Monday 07 November 2005 16:21, Kevin Krammer was heard to say:
> did you write
> ftp://::192:168:1:20/

Actually, what I wrote was ftp://corwin6/

With /etc/hosts:

::192:168:1:20 corwin6

But I also did try the addressing as you suggest. No difference.

> Googling brought some URLs in this form
> ftp://[::192:168:1:20]/

Let me see... Nope. "could not connect to host ::192:168:1:20"

Also, if I try ftp://[corwin6]/ it just strips off the [] and fails
anyway.

Darn, command line FTP isn't working either. I'll look closer at the
machine to see if maybe the ftpd isn't aware of IPv6 or something
like that.

Thanks

> Cheers,
> Kevin