Trying bleeding edge KDE; was: The debian directory in kde sources
Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> Yes, those are old and out of date. It seems to be they should either be
> removed, or back-filled from alioth.
Found nothing on alioth for kde...
So what do I do it I want to try out the bleeding edge of KDE, if I have
sarge? I see five options:
- Get the .diff.gz's for the 3.4.2 backport and try adapting those to 3.5beta1
- Get the .diff.gz's for 3.3.x from sarge and try adapting those to 3.5beta1
- Get 3.5beta1 or SVN, and try compiling with the old debian dirs
- Get the kubuntu packages that are available for 3,5beta1 and try backporting
- build in a non-packaged way, by Konstruct or kdesvn-build; use /opt so this
can all be removed later (but how do I handle apps that have dependencies on
KDE? and how do I make kdm start up xfree86 without the kdm package?)
Which option is safer/better/etc?
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik