Re: SV: Problems with kaffeine (no, I don't have sid here!)

Anders E. Andersen wrote:
>> as a parallel question to the current discussions about compiling
>> kaffeine,
>> may I ask one question about already installed one. I have here KDE 3.4.1
>> from alioth and kaffeine from main repository for testing. Unfortunately,
>> there is something seriously broken with it -- I cannot play even OGG
>> stream http://www.rozhlas.cz/audio/download/ddur_maxogg.m3u
>
> I had this problem a while back. It was a libogg bug caused by a change in
> the ogg file format IIRC. It is fixed in the latest versions, and works
> fine in pure sid.

Well, I really don't know, but it seems to me that the problem is not in OGG
library -- kaffeine can happily play OGG file from the local drive (yes, of
course, OGG stream is probably not the same thing as OGG file, but still)
and it cannot read other streams either (MP3, RealPlayer, or WMA), all of
which could be played by kplayer (but I would really prefer kaffeine).

Matej

A day without sunshine is like night.