Re: Kurios About Kaffine, Koffice, & Kompose

On 9/12/05, Giacomo Lacava <g.lacava@gmail.com> wrote:

> uhm, it looks like apt-build doesn't like your environment. I take you
> already upgraded to gcc 4 and updated libc6 and binutils... can you
> please post your config.log so that we can see the problem? :)
>
> and yes, apt-build rocks. It's not yet a Gentoo-killer, but certainly
> a nice tool :)

Then maybe you can help me to solve this problem I have when using it:
building sources works for almost all packages, but when going to
install them apt-build fails with this error:

Building dependency tree... Done
  picwiz
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/34.5kB of archives.
After unpacking 106kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  picwiz
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
Segmentation fault

I can still then install the package by hand with dpkg -i but I would
like to have apt-build to do all the job. So I investigated a little
in man pages of apt-key and apt-secure, but I couldn't find a working
solution*.
Any help will be appreciated.

Bye.

* In fact I tried the following:

1) I created a gpg key for root:
# gpg --gen-key

2) I signed with it the release file in local repository of apt-build:
# cd /var/cache/apt-build/repository
# gpg -abs -o Release.gpg Release

3) I have add teh key to the accepted ones:
# gpg --armor --export rootkeyid | apt-key add -

but this seems not to work since, according to what written in
apt-secure man page, you need to update the signature every time a new
package is uploaded to the repository, and this cannot be done
automatically by apt-build after the compilation and before installing
the package.