KDE, CUPS and USB printer

I'm trying to install a USB printer (Brother HL 2030) for use with CUPS.
The KDE (3.4.1) part of this is that I'm trying to add the printer
using the printer wizard. There, no printer is shown below the USB
node. I'm wondering if there should be anything there. I have no prior
experience using USB and I don't know what the debianly correct way to
handle it is as I haven't installed a fresh system for ages; my current
unstable installation has evolved over the years. USB kernel (2.6.11)
modules are available and I can manually modprobe usblp. I appreciate
any hints and pointers.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                 Nothing is as brilliantly adaptive
mailto:michael@schuerig.de       as selective stupidity.