KMail does not use kwallet anymore

Hello,

my kmail is not using kwallet anymore. Now if I want to download mail, I get a
requester that asks for my password. I don't really know the reason, maybe I
did something wrong. Does someone know how to turn this on again?

I created another user on the same machine and with this user, everything
works fine. I looked through the config files kmailrc and kwalletrc and also
moved them out of the way, but this doesn't help. Is there any other config
file where this can be enabled.

It would be great if anyone knows how this can be turned on again. System:
Debian SID with KDE3.4.1 from alioth.

Greetings,
Michael