Re: Annoying passive popups

On Thursday 26 May 2005 10:16, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Jeu 26 Mai 2005 08:55, Mihai Maties a écrit :
> > As you know KDE supports some passive message windows that can be
> > used to inform you whenever some event occurs. For example I use them
> > in Kmail to notify me whenever a new mail has arrived.
> >
> > Can the popup windows be forced to be displayed at some other
> > coordinates ? Very often they cover a part of the screen that I don't
> > want to be tampered with. It is very annoying to be interrupted and
> > to wait for the popup window to disappear in order to see what is
> > under the popup.
>
> you are not forced to wait, click on them, they will disappear. I don't
> know for the coordinates,

... but if you have your hands on the keyboard you'll have to get the mouse,
point to the window and ... when you want to click on it ... it disappears
because of the timeout... :) It's quite a waste of time.

> but on my desktop, those are at the screen's
> top ...

This is interesting, once I had kopete showing its popups in the top-left
corner but I thought it is a bug. Without changing anything the next time I
started KDE the popups were back to their place: next to kopete's system tray
icon. Do you always have the popups at the top of the screen ?

Mihai

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/