NTFS resizing (was Re: Kernel 2.6.xx)

(Also sent privately earlier because of reply-to header.)

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 22:26, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
> I have a 40gb hard with just 1 partition on it - NTFS. I want to make
> it just 10gb (the data on it is about 5gb). I read that knoppix and
> then qtparted should help. But unfortunately it cannot do my job.
> Qtparted stucks when comes for resizing, the window just halts kind of
> and nothing continues. But I still need to safe the WinXP on the
> primary NTFS.

You could try the Debian Installer [1]. This also has support for NTFS
partition resizing. Make sure that the NTFS partition is "clean" before
you boot the CD (i.e. run scandisk within Windows).

I would suggest you use the RC3 netinst CD image.

The manual that is linked from the same page has some info on the subject.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Cheers,
FJP