Re: KMix popping up with every KDE login

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 14:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have KMix running on KDE machines with ALSA sound support in order to
> have that loud speaker symbol in the system area of Kicker bar.
>
> On several KDE installations including KDE 3.3.1/3.3.2 and KDE 3.4 pre on
> every login the KMix window pops up. I did not yet found a way to stop this
> behaviour. I just like that KMix puts itself as loudspeaker symbol into the
> Kicker bar and be quiet otherwise.

I know this behaviour from my last knoppix installation. There was a script
from knoppix, which automatically starts kmix on every startup if it isn't in
the process list, but as the script seems to be executed before session
restore, kmix pops up.
Sorry that I don't know the location of the script now, I think it was
something in /usr, but try to search the knoppix forum.

hth,
dominik