Re: OpenPGP/Mime in KMail broken in Sarge

Le Lun 4 Avril 2005 20:06, Adeodato Simó a écrit :
> * Hendrik Sattler [Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:21:13 +0200]:
> > Not, if I start KMail from the shell where I exported that
> > variable. Read my mail:
> >  3291 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/gpg-agent --daemon --sh
> > $ echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
> > /tmp/gpg-nDWDgZ/S.gpg-agent:3291:1
> >
> > And _from_that_shell_ I start "kmail".
>
>   I _vaguely_ recall something about that not working. I mean, that
> the variable has to be set soon in the KDE startup process, otherwise
> it won't work. If it's like that, then it's a bit of a PITA, since
> you can't restart the agent without restarting KDE (unless you do
> some tricks like the one Pierre mentions in other post in this
> thread).

yeah, I really thing gpg-agent is broken in that sense (I mean in the
design)

in gpg-agent.conf there should be an option that gives the path to a
socket, and the things that use it, should be able to ask its pid to
the connected process...

but well ... we have to work with what is given to us :/
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O