Re: kde-devel uninstallable in sarge

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

kde-devel is currently uninstallable in sarge due to kbugbuster
depending on a non-existant libkcal2 package.

Perhaps I missed something, but wasn't testing supposed to protect us
against this?  How did a package whose dependencies were unfulfillable
propagate into testing?

I think it was the other way round.

Today I saw that there was libkcal2a package coming in conflicting with libkcal2. So for some reason I guess libkcal2 was removed from the archieve leaving kbugbuster without the library it depends on. You can update to kbugbuster from unstable which is fine (depends on the new libkcal).
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions