KDE3.4, xinerama and Xorg composite (xcompmgr)

Hi,

I compiled Xorg 6.8.2. and played around a little bit with xcompmgr and
transset. My goal is to let my system run with KDE 3.4, drop shadows,
translucency, and xinerama (I am using Debian sarge). Unfortunately, I found
out that xcompmgr and xinerama don't seem to like each other; when activating
drop shadows and translucency with xinerama, I have some strange effects
(e.g., only the drop shadow, but not the window was displayed). Without
xinerama, everything looks nice.

kwin in KDE 3.4. supports both xinerama and the Xorg composite extension. Did
anyone make some experience with xinerama and kwin's composite features? Does
it work or does it have the same problems as with xcompmgr and xinerama?.

Many thanks,

Ingo

--
Ingo Frommholz                     |         ingo.frommholz@uni-due.de