Re: Problem with kate and long lines (upstream bug #93928)

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 21:49, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Lun 7 Mars 2005 16:45, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) a écrit :
> > On Monday 07 March 2005 16:08, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > > the only problems are :
> > >  * wrt kdm (read [1] for i386 and [2] for ppc)
> > >  * kdepim is not packaged atm, and kmail segfaults (but kontact
> > > works fine, so whole KDE remains fully stable).
> >
> > does the working kontact include a working kmail component? (working
> > kmail is critical for me)
>
> btw, if kde is critical to you, avoid using preview packages ... it's
> quite common sens, isn't it ?

For most programs I can switch to an alternative easily enough (including
the DE if necessary), not so for kmail though: I have enough filters,
accounts, and identities set up to make switching to another client a real
pain.

In short I can live with kmail crashing every once in a while (at least in a
a preview release) but not with it not working entirely.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)