java fails in konqueror 3.3

I cannot make java work under konqueror 3.3 Everything seems ok with java
support installed but konqueror just shows a blank screen with a java code
test. If I enable "java console" and "report errors" in java konqueror
settings I get a console with:
Unable to load JSSE SSL stream handler, https support not available

Root has to kill the console to get rid of it. Maybe a package is missing? It
is not true there is not https support, there is. I don't think that this
massage is the cause of the freeze.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.