Re: system sounds broken?

On Saturday 29 January 2005 04:43 pm, johnny geling wrote:
> On Saturday 29 January 2005 15:42, Matías Costa wrote:
> > El Sábado 29 Enero 2005 11:51, johnny geling escribió:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Since a few days I have no system sounds. Are they broken in
> > > unstable? They used to work in the previous version (3.3.1) Can
> > > anyone confirm this?
> >
> > Yes, seems there was an update problem, and the paths were lost
> > in mi kde. Just press, 'Default' and customize again.
>
> That doesn't solve the problem for me.

I had a similar problem, and I got my system sounds back by doing the
following:

Open ~/.kde/share/config and delete two files: knotify.eventsrc and
knotifyrc. Restart kde and these two files should be regenerated and
all your system notification sounds should be restored.

I hope this works for you.