Re: Installing KDE 3.x on Debian

Read the README in the directory where you find the packages.
ie. ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.3/Debian/README

Following the hints there leads me to:

http://people.debian.org/~nobse/
This will give you the XFree version that the woody backports depend on.

So what it means is that the KDE repositories don't have the XFree packages available anymore, for a reason or another. That could be one part of the missing backages and broken dependencies issue. The only thing that makes me confused is that I've already managed to install KDE twice on a clean system with only the old XFree-4.1 installed (the default shipped with Woody), and then upgrade to XFree4.3 when intalling KDE 3.1.4 f.ex.

Ville

Nopea ja hauska tapa lähettää viestejä reaaliaikaisesti - MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.fi Lataa nyt käyttöösi ilmaiseksi.