Re: "Win" key in KDE

On Monday 20 September 2004 03:07 am, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Some time ago, you wrote at debian-kde:
> > Starting with KDE 3.2, the Win key (well, on my keyboard it's actually a
> > penguin) has acquired the nasty habit of opening the K-Menu when I just
> > press and release it without pressing any other keys. It still works as a
> > modifier, but, in addition, when used on its own, it opens the the
> > K-Menu. I'd really like to get rid of this behavior!
>
> Have you found any solution for this?

I believe this behavior varies with the keyboard layout you select[1]. My
setup[2] does not exhibit the issue you describe; the Win key acts only as a
modifier.

You may be able to work around this by going into the Keyboard Shortcuts CC
module and changing the Panel -> Popup Launch Menu shortcut(s).

[1]: Control Center -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout
[2]: Sarge, KDE 3.3.0 from sid, Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard. There
isn't a NatMM layout shipped with X, so I'm using the similar Natural Pro
layout.