Re: Howto load i18n?

On Monday 13 September 2004 22:32, you wrote:
> Thanks, Achim.
>
> When I issued KDE_LANG=lo kwrite, it shows the Lao menu. However, is there a

Well, at least now it's clear that the *.mo files are at the right location ;)
Have you checked that for whatever reason you never define KDE_LANG?  In
this case kcontrolcenter setting would be ignored.

> way to set it through Control Panel (center) such as menu fonts and
> language? I tried to set it under Control Center, it didn't work. I mean I
> don't really want to load any other applications manually, ie. KDE_LANG=lo
> <kde apps>.

I've almost no glue about this i18n business so my tips to debug
the problem tips could be completely wrong.

Has your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals a section like

[Locale]
Country=lo
Language=lo

Did you try setting the language with kpersonalizer (aka desktop settings
wizard)?

Sorry, I've no idea why your Lao language setting via controlcenter
does not work.

Achim

> Thanks,
>
> Anousak