Re: where do mixer settings come from?

On Monday 30 August 2004 01:07 am, Bruce Sass wrote:

> > Something is still screwing with the mixer though.  (Not the sound system
> > either.  That's turned off for every user.)
>
> or maybe are you just seeing the default settings

It doesn't feel that way.  KDE stuff (anything using KConfig anyway) all works
like "read this from the config file if it's there; else use this default."
I get different incorrect settings depending on who logs in.  It feels like
everyone has some obscure legacy something somewhere in ~/.kde that's causing
it.  I just haven't had the slightest luck figuring out where it is.

I haven't quite gotten desperate enough to try moving away .kde and putting
things back one by one until I find it.  Probably because everyone stays
logged in until I shut down for some reason, so this doesn't happen too
often.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/