KDE woody->sarge: .desktop files changed their location (RC?)

Hello,

the .desktop files originally in /usr/share/applnk/ have now apparently
migrated to /usr/share/applications/kde/...

Since the default kicker quickstart icons used those files, KDE installations
from woody and pre-3.2 sarge lose those quick access icons (well they're
defunct, not gone).

(example - kmail:)

kmail <3.2: /usr/share/applnk/Internet/KMail.desktop
kmail 3.2: /usr/share/applications/kde/KMail.desktop

This is of course quite ugly. Most users confronted with this are helpless and
really don't like going back to starting popular stuff via the K-menu.

Has someone written a script for that?

I'm also going to file an official bug report for that, and would like to
solicit opinions:

Is this RC? (if the maintainer agrees, it could be tagged serious - "makes the
package unsuitable for release in maintainer's opinion". I mean, imagine a
KDE without quick start icons - do you really want that for every user
upgrading from woody?)

Is this important or does it have less priority? Are some users *not*
affected/is this reproducible?

Except writing a hacky sed script going through user's homedirs to fix that
(which we did in one case), does anyone have an idea to fix this for real
(like, moving the .desktop stuff back to where they were for sarge and do a
real migration script afterwards)?

(Unfortunately, even if you use .kde2 and .kde3 instead of one .kde for all
releases, this won't help you since this stuff changed between 3.1 and 3.2 -
so having shared homedirs for users with non-homogenoeous systems is almost
impossible)

-Malte

PS: please Cc: me as I'll react faster that way