icons, kde3.3 and debian

Hello everyone!

I mainly use my linux box (debian unstable) through vnc from a laptop with XP. I really do want to use KDE sometimes, but whenever I do all the icons look awful.

I thought it might have something to do with vnc not supporting Xft render extension properly. But the fonts are anti-aliased, the problems are just with the icons which look jagged.

On gnome everything works perfectly however.

I have no idea weather this is a vnc isssue, or if it's a debian issue. I have asked on a couple of vnc mailing lists, but nobody has replied to my posts yet.

Anyone else have similar problems with kde on debian, with or without vnc?

Best regards,

Fredrik