Re: KMail 3.2.3-1 instability

On Sat 7 August 2004 10:45, Brian Kimball wrote:

> Exact same happened to me.  It was pretty damn funny.
>
> FWIW, I've been using Alt+H bound to "all headers" and Alt+F to
> switch back to "fancy headers".  Works good for me.
>
> 	brian
>
> (I bound those keys to those functions so I can see what my newly
> installed spamassassin is doing.  I now find it kind of ironic that
> since I've installed spamassassin I've never spent more time looking
> at or been more curious about spam!)

It wears off once you get it working reliably :). There's supposed to be
a new feature going into KMail (already exists as a patch somewhere) to
allow the user to view specific additional headers. In my case I'd use
X-Bogosity so I can tell how well Bogofilter is doing on both ham and
spam without having to press 'V' all the time.

On a side note, the wonderful thing about spam is it gives you a large
body of email to experiment on (mainly for rewriting various things).
If you make a mistake - just delete it and try again on another. One of
the good ones I've created is a KMail filter to rewrite the date of
messages identified as spam so when I expire them from my Junk folder
it actually deletes all the ones it should (otherwise spam with forward
dates hangs around for eons).

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario