Screwed up toolbars and menus

Hi,

I am a happy user of KDE 3.2.2 on Debian/woody (KDE is from
download.kde.org), but when installing that (and removing nightmare of
screwed up packages -- conflicting OpenOffice and LyX, uselessly new X,
etc.), there are still two problems which persists: missing Help and
screwed up menus and toolbars. For example see screenshot of KPatience
(according to my wife, the most important program in KDE :-) on
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/tmp/kpat.png. Or most KDE programs have at
least some menu double or other missing (konqueror has two Bookmarks menu,
kdvi has sometimes twice item Open in File menu, without open DVI there is
none, Help menu is before Settings, etc. etc.).

And ALL (without an exception) help items in Help menus (if they are
present at all, which is not the case many times -- e.g., in kmail the menu
Help has only one item "Introduction to KMail" but it is there twice) lead
to the same message in KDE Help Center "The requested help file could not
be found. Check that you have installed the documentation." Of course, the
documentation is installed (but reading docbook files in less is not much
pleasant experience -- I would hope for better :-), but there does not
seem to be a way how to persuade KDE to display it better.

I have tried to search through for /usr/share for some mishandled links,
but to no avail, I tried even the solution of hopeless KDE user -- moving
~/.kde to somewhere else with hope that KDE will rebuilt the directory
again and better, but no joy even in that (the same problems persisted).

Did anybody encountered such problems and is there any hope with resolving
it?

	Thanks for any reply,

		Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
Therefore, a man without a woman is like a bicycle without
a fish.