Re: qt-designer linking problem with kde parts

On Sunday 01 August 2004 12:53 am, Silvan wrote:

> > is this still my fault, or is it time to submit a bug report?
>
> I have no idea, really, but I'm trying to put off some real work, and I'm
> currently bored.  If you want to send me a tarball, I'll look at it and see
> if I can see anything.

Or nevermind.  Easy enough to prove.  Simple form with one widget, and the
choice bit of code was:

{
    if ( !name )
        setName( "Form1" );

    kDateWidget1 = new KDateWidget( this, "kDateWidget1" );
    kDateWidget1->setGeometry( QRect( 100, 140, 243, 31 ) );
    languageChange();
    resize( QSize(600, 482).expandedTo(minimumSizeHint()) );
    clearWState( WState_Polished );
}

It's hard to argue that this isn't a bug.  That code is garbage.  KDateTable
only has one ctor (in KDE 3.2.3 anyway)

KDateTable (QWidget *parent=0, QDate date=QDate::currentDate(), const char
*name=0, WFlags f=0)

So the code uic spat out is all kinds of busted.

Not much you can do about it either.  Nothing practical anyway.  That's the
price you pay for convenience, I guess.

I'm not so sure, really.  I just can't grok the whole Designer way of doing
things.  I've tried, and it seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
If it doesn't write good code, what can you do about it?  If you fix the
code, you've burned your bridges, and you can't use Designer anymore.

I'm doing my current project from scratch.  I started with an empty framework
generated by KDevelop 3, and have been hand editing everything since.  It's
working out fairly well so far.  I think I'll be really glad I learned how to
do layouts by hand.

So glad that I'm writing this message and putting it off a little longer.  ;)

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/