Re: revising the first cd contents...

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:57:54PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I don't know if kde-core and gnome-core are sufficient to get a working
> kde and gnome environment. I doubt it, especially for KDE, but if they
> are I can make tasksel install them, and pull in the full kde and gnome
> only if it's available. KDE and GNOME people, please let us know.

"kde-core" is enough to get KDE running, it includes arts/kdelibs/kdebase,
but it doesn't include any of the other official KDE packages. It does
include basic apps like kate, konqueror and konsole. The "kde" package
installs the full official KDE release, but doesn't include 3rd party
apps they are included in the "kde-extras" package instead.

Chris