HTTPS KIOSlave dies

Hi,

I know this is maybe to much a fuzzy problem, but it really kills me at the
moment.

My KIOSlave for HTTPS dies and I didn't find a way till now to fix it. This
happens on any site, so it is not specific to a page or URL, it must happen
directly when the slave is loaded.

The only information beside the usual konqueror error message (The process
unexpectedly ended) I get is

kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = https pid = 15611 signal = 11

in my .xsession-errors. After some closer look I found

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol
: PKCS7_content_free
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol
: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol
: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol
: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf

directly before the CRASH line in the xsession errors.

I checked installed versions of SSL on this machine and on the machine where
it works (both Debian unstable, more or less daily updated) and it seems to
look fine:

Crashing:
marcus@hal2000:~: dpkg -l | grep ssl
ii  jython         2.1.0-17       Python seamlessly integrated with Java
ii  libflac++2c102 1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - C++ runtime libr
ii  libflac-dev    1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - C development li
ii  libflac4       1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C librar
ii  liboggflac1    1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C librar
ii  libssl-dev     0.9.7d-3       SSL development libraries, header files and
ii  libssl0.9.7    0.9.7d-3       SSL shared libraries
ii  libwww-ssl0    5.4.0-9        The W3C-WWW library (SSL support)
ii  openssl        0.9.7d-3       Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
ii  xmms-flac      1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - XMMS input plugi

Working:
marcus@mobilHal:~: dpkg -l | grep ssl
ii  fetchmail      6.2.5-8        SSL enabled POP3, APOP, IMAP mail gatherer/f
ii  jython         2.1.0-17       Python seamlessly integrated with Java
ii  libflac-dev    1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - C development li
ii  libflac4       1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C librar
ii  libnet-ssleay- 1.25-1         Perl module for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
ii  liboggflac1    1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C librar
ii  libssl-dev     0.9.7d-3       SSL development libraries, header files and
ii  libssl0.9.7    0.9.7d-3       SSL shared libraries
ii  libwww-ssl0    5.4.0-9        The W3C-WWW library (SSL support)
ii  openssl        0.9.7d-3       Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
ii  xmms-flac      1.1.0-11       Free Lossless Audio Codec - XMMS input plugi

I purged every kio_* file in .kde/config and "restarted" konqueror (killing
all background processes). But it still does not work......

So I need someone to tell me what I don't see.

Have fun,
	Marcus

--
 :: Marcus Thiesen :: www.thiesen.org :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 ::