Window/widget focus (clipping?) problems

Hi,

My desktop starts OK, but after a few clicks, "mouse focus" completely sticks
to some window or widget.

For example, a vertical tree widget may grab the focus and even if I click
somewhere outside it, one of the items still get selected -- as if the window
was infinitely wide, despite the visually correct clipping.

If the selected window allows transferring focus to some other window by
keyboard (e.g. tab, shift-tab, alt-tab), this "mouse focus" (or click point
clipping or whatever it is) is also transferred.

After a while, the desktop usually becomes completely uninteractive, probably
because the focus has moved to some entity that doesn't handle keyboard nor
mouse events at all. Restarting Kwin through a remote shell helps for a
while, as it moves the focus to some of its' managed windows on startup.

Something must have been broken withing the last 2 weeks or so as that's when
I last restarted the system (before yesterday evening, that is).

- Jarno