apt preferences, package Pin assignments

I am currently tracking sarge in /etc/apt/preferences.  I have an Pin
entry for unstable at a lower priority to allow me to pull in
individual packages if I want to.  I have been pulling in kde 3.3.1
packages one or two at a time.

I would like to add an entry that would pull in all or most of the kde
3.3.1 packages more or less automatically.  I haven't been able to work
out how to do that.

What I have now is this:

Package: *
Pin: release sarge
Pin-Priority: 990

Package: *
Pin: release unstable
Pin-Priority: 400

I've never tried pin priorities for specific packages before.  From
reading the man page I thought I could add something like this:

Package: kde*
Pin: version 3.3.1
Pin-Priority 990

but that didn't work.  Various permutations of kde, kde*,  3.3.1,
3.3.1*, etc. didn't help, not even entries for a specific package like
kdepim.  Pin-Priorities from 990 to 1100 didn't help either.

Obviously I'm missing something.  I would welcome any hints or
suggestions.

--
Bud Rogers  KD5SZ
Thanks to our veterans.  Because they stand on the wall and say,