Re: Bug# 266478 - any development?

Dnia środa, 10 listopada 2004 17:43, Ricardo Galli napisał:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 13:13, Marcin Juszkiewicz shaped the

> > Bitstream Vera is ISO-8859-1 only - Helvetica have more glyphs

> False (I'm using utf-8 here wihout problems).

You can use UTF-8 - yes.. but "ąćęłńśźż" chars are not available in Vera font
anyway - by "ISO-8859-1" I meant that it doesn't cover glyphs from many other
codepages (like ISO-8859-2 for example).

> > available. Here in Poland Bitstream Vera is useless..

> In any case you need some missing glyphs for you language.
> Aliases in fontconfig can solve these problems. Please check how is Gnome
> configured by default in Sarge, then compare it to KDE.

GNOME probably use just "Sans", "Serif", "Mono" fonts so which font is used it
fontconfig part. On my system they are:

        <alias>
                <family>Bitstream Vera Serif</family>
                <family>Times</family>
                <family>Times New Roman</family>
                <family>Nimbus Roman No9 L</family>
                <family>Luxi Serif</family>
                <family>Kochi Mincho</family>
                <family>AR PL SungtiL GB</family>
                <family>AR PL Mingti2L Big5</family>
                <family>Baekmuk Batang</family>
                <family>FreeSerif</family>
        </alias>
        <alias>
                <family>Bitstream Vera Sans</family>
                <family>Helvetica</family>
                <family>Arial</family>
                <family>Verdana</family>
                <family>Nimbus Sans L</family>
                <family>Luxi Sans</family>
                <family>Kochi Gothic</family>
                <family>AR PL KaitiM GB</family>
                <family>AR PL KaitiM Big5</family>
                <family>Baekmuk Dotum</family>
                <family>SimSun</family>
                <family>FreeSans</family>
        </alias>
        <alias>
                <family>Bitstream Vera Sans Mono</family>
                <family>Courier</family>
                <family>Courier New</family>
                <family>Andale Mono</family>
                <family>Luxi Mono</family>