fglrx...

hi!

today i was browsing the web when i found an explanation to the communicate that is shown every time i was starting KDE. 'fglrx DRIScreenInit not found'.
It was said that there is a problem and DRI support in kernel should be disabled. i looked into my configuration and i had it compiled,so i recompiled my
kernel(2.4.27) without it. However after $ glxinfo    OpenGL renderer string:Mesa GLX Indirect. (it should be ATI Radeon 9200 DDR-the one i have). so i
decided to reinstall fglrx using : http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html .(note that i had fglrx installed before but it wasn't configured
as well as it should be -> glxgears was poor)everything worked fine, i restarted KDE - everything was working. however, i wanted to switch to console from
KDE and the system freezed. i replaced xconfig with the one i had before but the result is the same... Before i had working system without my graphic card
set up as it should be to have the best from my radeon,now i have not-working system with an excellent graphic card... i hope i won't have to reinstall my
debian... when i stay in the console mode everything's fine, but when i want to come back from KDE i have to reboot 'hard' - i'll be doing it in a moment.

Does anyone have a clue? I found some similar problems with google but they were only in fedora core,which has a bug concerning this.

Thanks for any help! (i'm linux newbie)

ML