Again: unable to mount smb shares with kde (not sure which package is to blame)

Hi list,

I reported this before last year (or even earlier?) with an earlier version of konqueror. This was fixed and
now reappeared since kde 3.3.0: When I try to access windows shares via smb://host/share I am prompted
for the ID and password. When I enter these I get the same dialog again and again but I will have no
access to the share. I tried it with and without entering my access data in the appropriate kcontrol module,
with and without workgroup, no success.
The same happens when I try to open a  a bookmarked share within smb4k, HOWEVER, if I browse the
list of shares within smb4k manually and click on the desired share I can mount/access it! Now, this would
be fine for me if we had a small network here but we have a huge network and obtaining the list of available
hosts/shares takes a long time....
(BTW: kernel 2.6.7, kde 3.3.0 recent packages, the same for libsmb stuff).

And if that weren't enough: I picked up the cmdline for the (successful) smbmount in /proc/ that was issued
by smb4k and tried that manually within a terminal after unmounting the share within smb4k.
Result: ...session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

Very strange, it works only within smb4k!

Any hints or help in debugging this?
I would file a bug report but I am not sure against which package? konqueror, libsmbclient or smbclient
or even something else?

Olaf

--
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny!" Frank Zappa