xvncviewer won't connect after changing Graphics Card on VNC Server machine

Hi,

I used to connect with my sarge kde 3.2.3 installation by xvncviewer to a MS$ machine running VNC-Server 3.3 without problems - after installing an ISA Graphics (16 grayscales) card connected to an old 10" b/w flatscreen on the server, xvncviewer won't connect. xvncviewer asks for IP of the VNC Server and for a password - shell says : VNC authentification suceeded - the display on the server is flickering for 1/2 a second (I tried different screens) - there's no xvncviewer runnning on the client.

ic@ath:~$ xvncviewer
VNC viewer version 3.3.7 - built Sep 16 2004 09:14:39
Copyright (C) 2002-2003 RealVNC Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1994-2000 AT&T Laboratories Cambridge.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
VNC server supports protocol version 3.3 (viewer 3.3)
VNC authentication succeeded
ReadFromRFBServer: rdr::EndOfStream

By the way : the other way round works well (VNCviewer running on M$-machine - VNCserver (remote desktop connection) running on Sarge.

any hints ?
thanks
C. Emden