Re: "No Text!" in kde menu bar and duplicated items

El Viernes, 1 de Octubre de 2004 11:14, Massimiliano Mirabello escribió:
> At the same time a lot of menus presents groups of items repeated twice. In
> particular this problem appears in Settings menu of a lot of KDE
> applications.
>
> I,ve yet seen an e-mail posted some month ago in debian-kde about the same
> problem in KDE 3.1.5 (ref:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/01/msg00271.html) but the proposed
> solution seems not solve my case since
> /etc/kde3/ui/ui_standards.rc  exists. Anyway i tried to purge and reinstall
> kdelibs-data without changes.
>
> On purging i have aoutput like:
> /etc/kde3/ui/ directory not removed since it is not empty
>
> maybe i must remove it manually?
>
> Any other hint?

The message seems a lost conf file, very strange if you did not created it
manually. Move it away (for example to your home). May be a packaging bug.

If fails then try the "standard" begin point for these things. Try with a new
user. Then try to purge and reinstall.