Re: KWeather -- Solution Found

On Sunday 25 July 2004 07:29 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Robert Tilley <tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com> writes:
> > I live in Titusville, FL.  The NOAA site brings up "KTIX" as the local
> > station ID.
> >
> > KWeather complains that the station ID "KTIX" does not exist.
>
> Try a different case?  ICAO is case sensitive, lowercase works for me.

Changing the case of the station ID did not immediately correct my problem.

I have to assume that exiting KDE and logging into KDE solved the problem.
When I added KWeather again (hoping something had changed), the correct
weather information appeared.

It appears that a restart of KDE after changing the case of the station ID was
the solution.

Thanks for the help!

Bob
--
You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door mayonnaise
salesman.