Duplicate Debian menu entries

I apologize if has already been asked;  A google search and review of
bugs.d.o didn't turn up anything helpful.  In the Debian section of the
K-menu, all entries are duplicated.  It's not a problem in wmaker...just
KDE3.  I can't remember when it started, but I suspect it was 3-6 months
ago at a time when the kde menu updater portion of update-menus wasn't
functioning.  This screenshot should make the problem clearer:
http://www.hoamskool.net/david/misc/kde_menu.jpg

How can I remove the duplicates?  Thanks.