Re: (SOLVED) KDE 3.2.2 slow in starting applications

On Mon, 31 May 2004 22:43:02 +0200, Xaveer Leijtens <X.J.M.Leijtens@tue.nl> wrote:

* Xaveer Leijtens [Mon, 31 May 2004 00:38:42 +0200]:

> Any other suggestions?

  you could try strace and/or ltrace with -r or -c options, to see if
  that gives a hint what is making gvim take so long to start.

  also, does the problem happen when you log with a newly created user?

--
Adeodato Simó

Thanks! The strace didn't help, but since the fresh user didn't suffer my
problems, I removed my gtk/gnome config files (kde configs had already
been changed) which solved the problem. Times are now around 0.7 seconds!

Thanks to all who replied.

Xaveer

I've run into performance issues since upgrading to the latest unstable KDE as well. But I'd rather do something else than create another user and copy config files over. There has to be some other way than to just hose the files and start over.

I don't use FAM and I disabled arts, but to no effect.