KSpreadTrader -- Any Models To Follow?

I would like to create a KDE program which would be able to display
stocks with a Bid/Ask spread of more than 3 cents so that a user can
then execute a trade "inside the spread" using a service such as E*TRADE.

"Inside the spread" refers to the Bid/Ask price being separated by at least
3 cents or more.  After buying the stock, a  bid can be placed "inside" the
spread by 1 cent, and immediately sold for at least 1 cent more.  These
bids/asks move to the front of the queue and are immediately executed
on the trading floor.

I am aware that programs exist to display running stock prices.
Such a program as I envision could be created from the shell
of such a "digital stock ticker".

Forgoing the complications of actually executing such a trade inside the spread,
it is possible to create a program that alerts the user of the availability
of such trades.

BEEP  BEEP  BEEP  SCOX has a spread of 1.00 - 1.05.  BEEP  BEEP  BEEP

A mental image of the desired processs should be clear.  If anyone can provide
input on the above idea, please reply to "tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com".
The content of the message is a reflection only of the writer
and not of AT&T or Tybrin.

Robert Tilley
321-785-2010
bobt@cocoa.tybrin.com  |  tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com