handle-nuisances-minirant [was Re: KDM problem]

* Anders Ellenshøj Andersen [Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:44:52 +0200]:
> On Sunday 28 March 2004 23:34, David Pye wrote:
> > You need to manually set the session type to kde the first time.

> Well who got the bright idea to change this behaviour?

> With the amount of people who choke on this, there can't possible be a good
> enough excuse for it to not give you a kde session by default.

    [Friendly tone on, really.]

    Hey, you're using unstable, aren't you? These are the kind of things
    which unstable helps to discover (so they can be fixed before
    entering testing), and which its users are supposed to cope with
    (for what they get the latest version of everything).

    In fact, in this particular occasion the thing is just a minor
    nuisance. By using unstable you're actually kind of "declaring
    yourself" able to cope with much more serious breakages, which just
    don't happen more often because Debian Developers are, in a word,
    competent (and by the increased use of the experimental arena.)

    Cheers.

--
Adeodato Simó (a.k.a. thibaut)
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | IM: my_dato [jabber.org] | PK: DA6AE621

You cannot achieve the impossible without attempting the absurd.