Re: keep password over sessions

Am Freitag, 26. März 2004 13:35 schrieb Wolfgang Mader:
> Hello list,
Hi..
> Because till now I have not found any packaged front end for isdnctrl I
> have put two new entrys in my startmenue (online/offline). I do this
> operations as root since I did them on the console before. So I saw no need
> for changing the permissions of the programms. The I put them in the
> startmenue told them to run as root and  used the "keep password" box from
> kdesu. But it does not remeber the passwords over sessions. Is there a
> possibility to catch this point.

I wrote two scripts, called them isdnon and isdnoff and inserted the
apropriate commands there.
Then I owned them to root.dialout ( chown root.dialot isdnon isdnoff ), and
set the suid bit to the group dialout ( chmod g+s isdnon isdnoff ).
Finally I created two buttons in a sidebar of Kde.
Now every user, who is in the group dialout, can execute the two scripts and
there is no need to enter the root password.
Should also be save IMHO..

Best regards
Michael Scondo