Re: kopete 3.2: recovering icq password

Am Monday 15 March 2004 16:18 schrieb Elmar Höfner:
> Am Montag, 15. März 2004 14:12 schrieb horst:
> > anyone got an idea how to recover the password?
>
> Not really Debian related, but:

i had an icq-account with the 3.1.5 kopete deb-package. the 3.2 package fucked
it up and now my icq-account is gone.

> Go to http://web.icq.com
> Search for "password"
> Find link "Forgot your password?"
> Click it
> Follow further instructions

the website seems badly broken. they want to know the email-address i
registered with, but i can't remember. so i tried each and every one of them.
but the site keeps telling about an error that occured:

[quote]
Some possible reasons this happened include the following:
A System Error has occurred. Please go back and try again.

The data you've entered is incorrect. Please go back and check your details.

The email address is not the same as the one you originally entered. Please go
back and try again.
[/quote]

so, the website does not tell about the exact error that occured and it does
not tell about the email-address i registered with. further help on the
website tells about looking at the icq-account details for the email-address,
but i didn't entered it. i have the slight feeling that only icq-clients on
icq-operating systems are well supported and that icq does not want me to get
my password back.

is there a way to decrypt the password in kopeterc? i think, the encryption is
a obsolete feature anyway.