missing Debian menus in KDE 3.2

Hello All:

I recently upgraded to KDE 32. and initially it went fine except for the
missing -dpi 100 in the /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers file.  On March 12, a
routine upgrade mostly broke the menuing system and the toolbar.

Most of the Debian menus are missing now along with all of my
customizations.  A lot of menu items appear in the "lost+found" entry.
I have tried removing my .kde directory and rebuilding it but this does
not cause the menus to reappear.  Thre appears to be no place in the KDE
Control Center to turn the Debian menus on and off.

Running update-menus give errors due to already reported problems in
	/etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps
	/etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs

	/usr/bin/kdm-update-menu 	and
	/etc/kde3/debian/kdm-update-menu.sh
are missing form the kdm package and

	/usr/bin/kde-update-menu	and
	/etc/kde3/debian/kde-update-menu.sh
are missing form the kicker package.  I get these from comparing with a
sid system that has not yet been upgraded to KDE 3.2 so this may not be an
accurate represenation of what has changed over the last upgrade.

Any suggestions?  Please cc to me as I am not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics